My Desire is to Magnify the Resurrected Life of Jesus Christ

... and on His robe and on His thigh He has a title inscribed, King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Rev. 19:16

It is my purpose to encourage, to challenge, to stir hearts, and to speak the Truth that is revolutionizing my life as I am getting to know my Lord as Master.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Homebody

...everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.

At my very core that's me. A homebody. There is no place on earth I'd rather be than at home. There is no place on earth that gives me more contentment than being at home taking care of whatever the day calls for at the time. Whatever that happens to be I have always felt like making my house a home for my family and being there to manage it is my highest calling.

When I got married over 31 years ago my husband had custody of his two children from a previous marriage. We had our only child together that first year. Just like that! I was a (very) young mom of three children. Even though I was working a full time job until two weeks before our son was born, it was in my heart not to go back to work. I was as happy as a clam to be at home running children all over the kingdom to their schools and various activities, keeping up with the house and my husband.

My own schedule, my own timing, my own projects, my own agenda, my own volunteering, my own life basically. We homeschooled two of our children for many years and then when the youngest went to college I moved from volunteering at a local crisis pregnancy center that was near and dear to my heart for many years to actually "working" there on staff.

After ten years there I decided to give into my happy place again and left there to be home again. This past two years has given me time to re-group, to center my soul around the things I love most, to be available to my family if/when they need me, to develop my gardens, and best of all to come and go as I please. Spoiled some would say, but it is, to this moment, what I love best.

I would be happiest and perfectly satisfied with staying at home for the rest of my days. But ... along with launching my own business this past spring and forming a garden coaching limited liability corporation I've recently gone to work fpart-time for a local garden nursery. One that I have spent plenty of dollars and time in prior to asking if they hire part-time employees. So far it is proving beneficial in all the ways I thought it might.

It's helping me learn more and more about plants and trees that I am not necessarily familiar with. I'm gaining all kinds of information about what it takes to run a retail nursery. (You know, just in case I might think I want to have one of my own some day). And I'm building up physical strength with the type of work that is involved.

My hope is to build my garden coaching business more when the spring season rolls around. In the meantime I'm trusting God to give me what it takes to make this work and hopefully, along with helping out in the down economy, I will learn plenty and be a benefit to my employer.

No comments: