My Desire is to Magnify the Resurrected Life of Jesus Christ

... and on His robe and on His thigh He has a title inscribed, King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Rev. 19:16

It is my purpose to encourage, to challenge, to stir hearts, and to speak the Truth that is revolutionizing my life as I am getting to know my Lord as Master.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Finding the Medium

...everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.

Sooooo, I haven't been too diligent here have I? And I'm so sure allllllllllll my thousands of readers are sitting around with baited breath wondering when will the next post show up. LOL

Truth is, when I got it in my heart to start this blog the motivation was largely so I would have a place where words could flow as easily as they do from my heart. The reality is that 'writing' what's in my heart requires much more thought and organization than all the jumbled up thoughts that run through my head. At the time, there were so many things I thought I wanted to say. You know, blurbs and blips and nitty-gritty things about what goes on in everyday life along with spiritual insights and thoughts I gain along the way. But when it comes down to it I don't think letting it all hang out is really me. Not in this type of forum anyway.

One on one, looking into eyes and faces, I like nothing better than a deep conversation about anything and everything. Spending time with friends, family and those in need who like to share and dig down for answers and truths is most enriching and rewarding. I would say I'm an open-book in those situations.

I'm pretty sure that has something to do with building trust, faithfulness, and loyalty. I don't do that with just anyone.

With the blog I wrote with my kids prior to "Priceless Gain" I felt I had to guard some of the personal things I probably would have said had it not been a shared blog. After all, so many of my personal thoughts and emotions involve my children. Even though they are each grown and independent from us, my heart and life still revolves very much around them, their children, their ups and downs, our times together and my emotions concerning them. If you're a mom you know how that is. I wouldn't ever want to throw any of them under the bus or exalt one over the other either. Therein lies the rub. How much do I say and how much not to say. And then how much will others "read into" what I DO share. Just trying to find the balance now.

Blogging is interesting to say the least. It's amazing how many blogs there are and how diverse the subjects contained therein. Just goes to show we all want to have a voice. For some reason blogging makes us think we are being heard. It is definitely an outlet for creativity and expression of all sorts.

Initially I thought I wanted to make this a private blog. That just means the reader would have to sign in each visit. People are in such a hurry these days, I decided against that at the last minute.

What about you? If you have a blog how do you decide what kinds of personal things to share? If you like to read blogs what is it you look for in a blog to keep you reading?

2 comments:

gigi said...

this is a most thoughtful post, even if you were just vetting. it is one thing to write from a disengaged viewpoint - quite another to let your most personal thoughts be hung on the line for all to see. finding the balance must be the key.
i was urged to begin a blog by a very supportive relation. the basics were set up with that person's help; then the primative attempts to blog my life lasted about a mini-second, and i still cannot get into it. so i suppose i am not one to comment on your post, but most of your reasons stated were also my concerns about opening my views and ideas for scrutiny. you have to be ready for the good, the bad & the ugly if you go public with your life and your outlook on it.
i often wonder how people who write novels (bios) can do that. they let it all hang out! name names, places, outcomes all for the sake of $$'s. it must take a certain type of personality to be in the public eye all the time - like celebrities whose every move is subject to scrutiny.
in this (your) case, i hope you can focus on your initial purpose in creating this blog and stick to that. your own life is personal, but your responses and outcomes to the challenges in that life can maybe shed some light into someone else's shadows, and help them find the right answers too. that is what i as a reader look for in a blog. so keep the faith & blog on!

Cindy Gee said...

Get busy writing, Geeg! You've got lots to say. Thanks for the encouragement.