My Desire is to Magnify the Resurrected Life of Jesus Christ

... and on His robe and on His thigh He has a title inscribed, King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Rev. 19:16

It is my purpose to encourage, to challenge, to stir hearts, and to speak the Truth that is revolutionizing my life as I am getting to know my Lord as Master.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Me and Bing

...everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.

Call me crazy. Call me weird.
I play my Christmas music practically non-stop from the moment we wrap up Thanksgiving. I look forward to setting my i-pod to shuffle mode and Christmas genre, plugging it in to speakers, cranking it up and ... oh, that's right I mistakenly erased my entire i-pod recently when attempting to restore it. That was because my computer crashed over a year ago and I lost my entire i-tunes library. But this is way off subject.
Well, not totally. Because of that little mishap I'm having to resort to the use of my get this... stereo with surround sound speakers. So passé. So yesterday. Really. But it does have a 5 CD changer so that's convenient. I set the listening mode to random and it automatically skips around from song to song and CD to CD. Thank goodness I still have lots of those old standbys called CD's. Because I also lost all my purchased music from i-tunes when my computer crashed and I didn't have it backed up. Oh, there I go again. WAAAA!
Anyway, speaking of old-fashioned I love Bing Crosby. My favorite Christmas movie is White Christmas. And I adore listening to his old-timey crooning voice sing Christmas carols. I love his talking voice, too. So soothing. So gay... in a good sort of gay-way. I know, we don't use that word anymore but thought I could get by with it while I'm showing my age.

Back to pin-pointing my weirdness. This year everytime I hear him singing or talking (yes, he talks on one of my Christmas albums ~ not much but you get the idea) it gives me a little pang of sadness. It makes me sad because hearing his voice represents all that is right and free and good about America to me. I don't why but it does. The America we know and love. The America built on hard work and perserverance. An America that loved God and our fellow man and individual liberties.
It seems our America~ the America we know and love ~ is slipping away daily under this current Administration and Bing would not believe it if he were here to sing for us today. Who knew hearing Bing's voice sing Christmas carols would remind me of that.
See what I mean... call me crazy. Go ahead. I can take it.

No comments: