My Desire is to Magnify the Resurrected Life of Jesus Christ

... and on His robe and on His thigh He has a title inscribed, King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Rev. 19:16

It is my purpose to encourage, to challenge, to stir hearts, and to speak the Truth that is revolutionizing my life as I am getting to know my Lord as Master.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Ransomed by Love Himself

...everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.

Like Paul, I am less than the least of all the saints, I am chief among sinners, I was a blasphemer, a persecutor, and injurious. Once I was dead, doomed forever because of my many sins. I used to live just like the rest of the world, full of sin, obeying Satan,  following the passions and desires of my evil nature.

But GOD is so rich in His mercy! AND He loved me so very much, that even while I was dead because of my sins He gave me LIFE when he raised me from that death along with Jesus Christ. It was His kindness and the wealth of His favor that saved me when I believed! I take no credit for this. It is not a reward for the good things I've done so I have nothing to boast about.

This mercy, grace, and salvation is a GIFT from God. (adapted from Eph 2)

Sin is a lurking and ever present power always ready to pounce and capture. In my flesh dwells NO GOOD THING. It is necessary to be aware and on alert for the sin that so easily besets. For me, it is necessary to know the triggers that lure me into sin.

While I do not major on sin it is the knowledge and deep appreciation for God's grace and how He saved me from sin that compels me to lean into His grace and it kindles my desire to please Him alone. Staying ever mindful of God's grace is what causes me to crumple before Him in utter dependence on His love. It is the presence of His sweetness, His tenderness, His infilling, and impartation of His own nature that gives me the power to shun the life, the practices, and habits of the life I once lived in sin.

I cannot hold on to any part of it. I don't want to. If I am honest, I know what does and doesn't please my Lord. Sure, it is up to me to be that honest with myself and Him. But ~~when I am~~ I know that if I want the fullness of His presence and power in my life then I also want to walk this walk without those things of the flesh I once indulged in that drew me into the world.

He has not punished me for all my sins, nor does He deal with me as I deserve. He understands how weak I am. But His love remains forever for those who fear Him. (adapted from Ps 103)

He is merciful and gracious. He is slow to get angry. He is full of unfailing love.

I want my life to represent Him well.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Amen! Amen! Amen!!!
Happy Valentine's Day!
XOXOX