My Desire is to Magnify the Resurrected Life of Jesus Christ

... and on His robe and on His thigh He has a title inscribed, King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Rev. 19:16

It is my purpose to encourage, to challenge, to stir hearts, and to speak the Truth that is revolutionizing my life as I am getting to know my Lord as Master.

Monday, July 25, 2011

No One Said It Was The Easy Path

...everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.

No question the path a believer is supposed to walk is a narrow one. The initial entry requires an honest decision of soul surrender to a Lord we cannot see with our physical eye. The subsequent walk on the narrow path is in absolute contrast to the wide path of destruction we were on only seconds before.That wide path offers every distraction (and destruction) imaginable.

Our faithful Lord said it this way while He walked the earth teaching us the words of our Father:
"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it... the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it."

In looking back on the decision to bow my (very stubborn) heart before God and surrender my soul to Him I'd say now (in the scope of life) it was the easiest part of this 'walk'. If you are a believer and a follower of Jesus Christ you might agree.

Times of surrender that follow are delicious and sweet and pure and clear and glorious! Just like the first time. God ALWAYS honors sincere surrender with holy manifestations of Himself in our hearts.

It is walking and living in the every day of ordinary life that challenges my choices. Sometimes I faint. Sometimes I don't care. Sometimes I lose sight of the prize. Sometimes I allow the conterfeit. Sometimes I wander off and take a peek at that wide path I was on before I believed... with all of its distractions. Sometimes I feel as if something outside of me is pulling me back toward the wide path.

And with each step I walk off the narrow path of my life with God ... I know it because that's when I look for the thrills. That's when I'm unsatisfied in my soul. That's when I retreat inward. I want my way. I become selfish and self absorbed.

Unhealthy. Unstable. Unspiritual.

One step leads to the other. I make each decision to take another step toward destruction.

There's only ONE path that leads to life. It's a narrow one. Believers are admonished to take heed where our feet tread. To guard our hearts. To protect our eye-gate and our ear-gate.

I believe the narrow path was meant to protect us ... not to keep us from enjoying all the so-called fun things while we whisk through this earthly life as a vapor.

When I imagine Jesus holding my hand as we walk down the path together I have no problem staying on it. He is my biggest cheerleader! I'm gonna hang with Him.

Truth be told ... it is when I am more conscious of Him than myself that life is the easiest. He is my fullest satisfaction filling me up with His goodness.

Are you one of the few that has found the narrow path?

Surrender is NOT a one-time thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post entry originally written by me for a previous blog and reposted here.

2 comments:

gigi said...

yes, i agree - the narrow path is the less crowded one, less popular, less chosen and less followed way. we sometimes feel at odds, like a salmon swimming upstream, daring to go against the current to reach our determined destination. but while reading your post, my mind immediately went to this scripture: "take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for i am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. for my yoke is EASY, and my burden is light." matt. 11:29,30.
from what i've been taught, this indicates that we are to walk in companion with Jesus, He the burden bearer or primary yoke fellow - and we the balance to Him. it takes two oxen to pull the plow, and one is always the stronger of the two. if the weaker one stumbles or falls, the strongest ox stops in the pulling and steadily waits until the other regains his footing and can continue on. so the weakest ox has less stress and strain as he allows the proper handling of the yoke upon his neck, and together they get the job done.
it is when we object to being yoked at all that we find it is not easy to walk or stay on that narrow way. we try to pull away, straining to go our independent way, while Jesus patiently stops and waits until we are connected again with Him as our guide and strengthener. you are right in that we may have to surrender again & again until we walk that narrow way as a true yoke-fellow with our Lord, but as we do, it does become easier. the amplified verse states this: "for my yoke is wholesome (useful, good) - not harsh, hard, sharp or pressing, but comfortable, gracious and pleasant; and my burden is light and easy to be borne."

Cindy Gee said...

Geeg,
Your reference to Matt 11 is one of my ALL-TIME favorites and it brings me great strength and endurace for the long haul. Without the burden bearer of my Jesus I would helpless/hopeless... He carries my every load so completely without complaint or reprimand. The picture you've painted is an appropriate one. It does get easier along the path especially because my aim is to stay focused on The One I want to please. He is my FULL satisfaction... I just sometimes get lose my focus.